Did you know that the Birstall Park & Ride (Service 303) provides access to bus stops on the A6 Abbey Lane, convenient for the National Space centre.
Fares to the National Space Centre stop are the same as travel into the city, e.g. Day Ticket £3, Group Ticket 3.50. Saver tickets are also valid.
Please note that the Park & Ride ticket does not include entry to the National Space Centre. Please click here to go to the National Space Centre website.
How to get to the National Space Centre
- From Birstall Park & Ride, alight at the stop opposite Byford Road.
- Head towards Asda and take the next left into Exploration Drive and follow the road round to the left.
- The National Space Centre is on the right hand side, after Dock (the entrance is at the far end of the building).
- Abbey Pumping Station is just round the corner on Corporation Road.
- The travel time from the Park & Ride site to the stop for the National Space Centre is around nine minutes.
- To return to the Park & Ride site, retrace your steps along Exploration Drive.
- Please use the pedestrian crossing to safely cross Abbey Lane.
- Turn left and cross Byford Road to get to the bus stop (in front of Formula One Autocentre).
- When you see the Park & Ride bus approaching, please hold your arm out in plenty of time to indicate to the driver that you wish to catch the bus.
- Have your Park & Ride ticket ready to show the driver.
- Departure times from Byford Road are a few minutes after departures from Causeway Lane (note that this stop is not a timing point and so the departures times may be variable).
Passengers using Meynell's Gorse and Enderby Park & Ride services can alight at St. Nicholas Circle and transfer onto the Birstall service at Haymarket or Causeway Lane to get to the National Space Centre on the same Day, Group or Saver Ticket.
The Park & Ride service runs at times when the National Space Centre may be closed (and vice versa); please check their website for opening dates and times.