In England, over two million adults cycle at least once a week – isn’t it time you joined the growing number? Book your place on one of our adult cycling courses today!
Our friendly instructors will teach you road safety skills and help increase your confidence on two wheels. Courses are open to anyone over 18, regardless of skill level. Get confident, stay in shape, save money and help the environment.
Course details and bookings
I am a Leicester City resident:
- Adult Cycle Training courses cost £10 per person and consist of five two-hour sessions over a period of 5 consecutive weeks
- We are able to run Level 1 and Level 2 adult cycle training courses
- You will receive instruction from friendly qualified National Standards Cycling Instructors who will offer support and expertise to help you develop the skills necessary to learn to ride or build on your current abilities
- We encourage you to bring your own bike (if you have one) and helmet, but don’t worry if you don’t have either – we have a limited number available to borrow . There is no extra charge for this.
Current course available in the City:
Cossington Street Recreation Ground (LE4 6JD):
- Level 1 (Beginner) : Saturday 31st August 2019 – 10am – 12 noon
- Level 2 (Intermediate) : Saturday 31st August 2019 – 1pm – 3pm
Completed a cycling course? See ‘What to do next’ (page 3)
The information you provide will be kept in accordance with the terms of current Data Protection legislation and will only be used to send you details of forthcoming Adult Cycle Training courses. Your details will not be passed on to any other individual, organisation or group. Leicester City Council is the data controller for the information on this form for the purposes of current Data Protection legislation.
I am a Leicestershire County resident:
- Courses cost £50 per person* .We have two course formats currently running. The first format is where training takes place over one full day. Training starts at 0845hrs and finishes at 1600hrs with plenty of time for breaks and lunch. The second course format splits the training over two consecutive half day sessions, normally a week apart. These sessions take place in either the morning or afternoon and you can mix and match which sessions you attend to suit yourself.
- You will receive instruction from friendly qualified National Standards Cycling Instructors who will offer support and expertise to help you develop the skills necessary to learn to ride or build on your current abilities. Great emphasis will be placed on finding out what aspect of cycling you wish to learn or improve upon, and the training will be tailored to your needs
- Your Instructor will be enthusiastic and encouraging, making the sessions enjoyable, practical and outcome based. The sessions will be structured with the National Standard outcome based framework in mind and we aim to get beginners riding during the first session
- Further sessions during the day will concentrate on building confidence and developing skills as well as progressing (if appropriate) to riding on quiet urban roads and off road cycle paths
- We encourage you to bring your own bike (if you have one) and helmet, but don’t worry if you don’t have either-we have a limited number available to borrow . There is no extra charge for this
Current course availability in the County:
County Hall, Glenfield, LE3 8RA
The course is spread over these two days, and each daily session is 3 hours long. You have a choice of a morning or afternoon session on each of the two days, or you may want to complete the course in one day by prior arrangement with the cycling team – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can find the online booking form here
Cycle courses for under 16s
Free cycle training is available in many Leicester & Leicestershire schools through the Bikeability programme. Children can also develop their skills from complete beginners, through to advanced level with British Cycling’s Go-Ride programme.
- Visit our Everyday Cycling page and scroll down to ‘Cycling courses’ for more information.