There are many free, on-street public cycle stands around the city and county for your convenience. You can find these marked on our free cycling maps which cover the city and county.
Leicester Town Hall Bike Park
The Town Hall Bike Park has reopened and will be free of charge for all members of the public until further notice. Please note that there will be no access to toilets and shower facilities for members of the public.
Make your next trip to the city centre by bike and make use of the Bike Park located at Leicester Town Hall.
Monday – Friday: 8am – 6.30pm
Saturday: 8.30am – 6pm
Sunday: 10am – 4pm
Become a member
Register for a free OneCard and become a Bike Park member. This will allow you to park your bike at discounted rates for weekly, monthly, annual, and flexible time periods. Visit us at the Bike Park to apply for a free OneCard.
Download Bike Park Terms and Conditions here.
East Midlands Railways – Cycle Hubs
If you regularly pass by Leicester and Loughborough railway stations, make use of the cycle hubs which are free to use. Ask for an application form at the ticket office, and for a one-off fee of £10, you will receive a key fob, giving you access to secure cycle parking facilities. This key fob will give you access to all East Midlands Railways cycle hubs including Nottingham, Sheffield and Lincoln.
Leicester Railway Station
- 222 spaces and located in the station basement
- Accessible via the lift to the left of the customer information desk
- Open during railway station opening hours
Loughborough Railway Station
- 130 spaces on two tier racks
- Tool station and pump
- Located in the car park adjacent to the station building
- Open 24 hours a day
- Additional cycle parking and a second tool station and pump is available for non-members of the cycle hub scheme
Newarke Street Car Park
- Located on Newarke Street, Leicester, LE1 5SN
- Free, covered cycle parking on second floor of car park
- Open Monday to Saturday, 6.30-1am. Sundays 10am-6pm
- Public and no registration required
We're always looking for ways to improve Leicester Park & Ride. Whether you’re a regular user, occasional traveller or first-time user, we’d love to hear what you think of the service. Complete our short survey at crowd.in/S5NwlN
Birstall Park & Ride service will be running from 4pm to Abbey Park Road today for the #DiwaliLeicester Switch On. Group tickets just £6 for up to 5 people travelling together in same car. Last bus back 10pm. crowd.in/zqPbat
Make your journey to today’s #DiwaliLeicester Switch On easier by using the special Birstall Park & Ride service. Group tickets £6 for up to 5 people travelling together in same car. Last bus back 10pm. crowd.in/ys5j6s