There are a whole host of friendly walking groups to join across Leicester and Leicestershire, suitable for all abilities and age groups,unless otherwise specified. Most groups offer a choice of walks on different days, of different lengths.
Short Group Walks in Leicester
There are short group walks available of up to 90 minutes and suitable for most abilities. Leicester City Council provide walks in the city, please visit the events page for more information.
Walking for Health (a national programme) also provide group walks in the city and county. Find out more here.
The Ramblers and affiliated groups
By joining The Ramblers, you can walk with any group across the UK, including the eight Leicstershire & Rutland Area groups. There’s no obligation to join immediately – you’re welcome to try out two or three walks for free.
There are also a number of groups affiliated to The Ramblers, check the links below to find one near you:
- Fleckney Walking Club
- Footloose-National Forest and Beyond (45+ singles)
- Grasshoppers Walking Club
- Kibworth Rambling Group
- Leicester CHA Rambling Club
- Leicestershire Footpath Association
- Market Harborough Rambling Club
- Oadby Hillwalking Club
- Over the Hill Walking Club (40+ singles)
- Association of East Midlands U3As (for retired/semi-retired people)
- One Hour Walks
- Leicestershire Orienteering Club
- The Long Distance Walkers Group
If we have missed your walking group or you have set up a new club, then we would love to hear you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our list.