School Streets in Leicestershire
Parking, congestion, air pollution and safety around schools continues to be a key concern for schools, residents and communities.
The School Streets initiative looks to provide a solution to these issues through a time limited congestion free zone during school drop off and pick up times. This initiative prioritises pedestrians such as parents and children by providing a safe space for people to walk and cycle in the vicinity of the school through a hard or soft closure of the road or street.
The Scheme will be coordinated by Leicestershire County Council who will;
• Deal with all enquires, complaints and consultation responses.
• Develop engagement and communications plans including campaign for volunteers.
• Provide training for volunteers.
• Inform businesses and residents of the trial as part of the Traffic Order consultation process.
• Arrange a park and stride location where possible.
School streets are launching 30th August, with planning and preparation taking place throughout the summer.
We’d love you to be involved!
If you’d be interested in volunteering, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the short on-line application
School’s were invited to take part in the Leicestershire County Council School Streets trial subject to meeting criteria. 3 schools have been selected to take part in the pilot which will last for 4 weeks, schools taking part are listed below, each link will take you to a page with more information about the trial in each location.
- St Luke’s Church of England Primary School,Thurnby
- St Luke’s closure times- 8:30 – 9:15 am and again at 2:30-4:00pm*
- St Luke’s official Park & Stride locations downloadable map
- Latimer Primary School, Anstey
- Latimer closure times – 8:15 – 9:00am and again at 2:15 – 3:45pm*
- Latimer official Park & Stride locations downloadable map
- Belvoirdale Community Primary School, Coalville
- Belvoirdale closure times – 8:00 – 9:15am and again at 2:15 – 3:45pm*
- Belvoirdale official Park & Stride locations downloadable map
* As this is a trial, closure times could be subject to change. Any changes will be communicated.
Phew what a scorcher ! Nice day though for some ebike training at @LeicsCountyHall . Our @CHYMLeics team are setting up , another twenty County residents on way to see how “wow” these bikes are ! Interested in a course ? Details here …. choosehowyoumove.co.uk/cycling/ebike/
🚲We're now at the Leicester Bike Park, Thank you to everyone taking part 🎉🎉🎉#C2WDLeicester Take a look at the prize giveaway on offer for taking part today by visiting choosehowyoumove.co.uk/cycletoworkday/
🚲Today is #CycletoWorkDay 🚲We've been at the LRI carrying out bike fix and marking. Thank you to everyone who attended 🎉🎉🎉#C2WDLeicester Take a look at the prize giveaway on offer for taking part today by visiting choosehowyoumove.co.uk/cycletoworkday/
✨Don't forget it is Cycle to Work Day next week, Thursday 4 August. Use the hashtag #C2WDLeicester and share your Cycle to Work Day route or picture to be in with a chance of winning a prize giveaway ✨For more information visit: choosehowyoumove.co.uk/cycletoworkday/
Today is the last day for registering your interest in being a volunteer for the #SchoolStreets trial! ⏳ Don’t miss out! Get involved in reducing congestion and air pollution at school gates. crowd.in/bUSqir @ActiveLLR @LeicsCountyHall