We’re making improvements to our website, some of our pages are currently being updated. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Accessibility statement for the Choose how you move website
This website is run by Leicester City Council and Leicestershire County Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Map location points do not have alternate text.
- Colour contrast on some text and non-text elements is not sufficient.
- Interactive map element may be difficult to navigate using a keyboard as some form controls are missing a ‘label’ tag.
- Some of the older PDFs and Word documents may not meet accessibility standards.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Tel: 0116 305 7233
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact Choose how you move by:
Tel: 0116 305 7233
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Leicester City Council and Leicestershire County Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some of our interactive maps are difficult to navigate using a keyboard because some form controls are missing a ‘label’ tag. For example the walking route map. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (Name, role, value).
- Map location pins don’t have alternate text tags. For example the walking route map.This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text Content).
- Some colour contrast on content may not be sufficient. For example the Park and Ride ‘Every 15 Minutes’ text. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.3 (Contrast (minimum)).
We are working with our developer to correct these issues.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (name, role value).
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 18 December 2019. We did our own testing using automated and manual testing. We used the Lighthouse accessibility tool to perform an automated report on the website’s accessibility.
We tested a number of pages that included a wide range of functionality including videos, maps and online forms on our main website platform, available at www.choosehowyoumove.co.uk
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We will regularly review the accessibility of this website with automated testing using the Lighthouse and WAVE accessibility tools. We will also conduct manual testing exercises, and review any issues reported by users of the website. We will work with our developer to make improvements.
This statement was prepared on 18 December 2019.
We have so many schemes & initiatives for business to get FREE help to become more sustainable and reduce their carbon emissions. From bike hire and advice, to dedicated members of staff and grants, there is something for every business 👉 leicestermercury.co.uk/special-featur… @LeicsCountyHall
#LCFC & #ChelseaFC fans - if you’re going to the football on Saturday, the #LeicsParkandRide Enderby service (203) stops on Aylestone Road, just a short walk from the King Power Stadium. crowd.in/pGywMq @LCFC @ChelseaFC
We are working with @BlabyDC this year to deliver the great active travel game @BTSBlaby 2020! Pick up your fob and tap boxes around Blaby whilst walking, cycling or scooting to collect points. And what do points make? Prizes!! Find out how to play here 👉 youtu.be/KJbOghMQ5ZM
Beat the Street is returning🥳 Get ready to play! twitter.com/BTSBlaby/statu…