We can help you to cut down the time spent looking for a car parking space. Check the locations and charges of the car parks at your destination before you go and take some of the stress out of your journey.
Leicester Park & Ride
If you’re driving into Leicester, why not try one of our Leicester Park & Ride services from Birstall, Enderby or Meynells Gorse?
Take the stress out of your morning rush to work or shopping trip into the city. Instead of negotiating the city traffic, you can sit back and relax on one of our fast, frequent, reliable and free WiFi-enabled buses – leaving you without the stress of finding a parking space, and no worry about when to go and feed a meter if you are taking your time over lunch.
A day ticket costs £3, but if you’re travelling with others, you can slash costs with a £3.50 group saver ticket for up to 5 people travelling in one vehicle (available at all times). Other saver tickets are available.
Parking in Leicester & Leicestershire
Leicester has more than 8,500 off-street and 1,300 on-street car parking spaces for public use. Multi-storey and surface level car parks are within easy walking distance of the city centre, with its shopping and recreational facilities and on-street parking is conveniently located on many city centre streets.
For information about parking in towns and villages across Leicestershire, please scroll further down.
Car Park Locations in Leicester
- City Centre car parking map
- City Centre car parking charges
- Further information about NCP car parks in Leicester
- Parking for Blue Badge holders is free in council car parks and on-street bays
Choose a car park location from below for Street View/map. Car parks operated by Leicester City Council are marked with an asterisk (*)
North zone multi-storey (for Haymarket Shopping Centre, St Margaret’s Bus Station and St George’s Cultural Quarter)
- Haymarket Centre* (Belgrave Gate, LE1 3HP)
- Lee Circle NCP (Lee Street, LE1 3QQ)
- Abbey Street NCP (Garden Street, LE1 3UA)
South zone multi-storey (for De Montfort University, Newarke Houses Museum, Welford Road Stadium and Leicester Royal Infirmary)
East zone multi-storey (for St George’s Cultural Quarter, Curve, Phoenix, Leicester Train Station, The Y Theatre and New Walk Museum)
West zone multi-storey (for King Richard III Visitor Centre, Highcross Shopping Centre, Cathedral Gardens, Jubilee Square and the Guildhall)
- Highcross Rooftop (Freeschool Lane, LE1 4FY)
- John Lewis Highcross (Burgess Street, LE1 4QJ)
- St Nicholas Circle NCP (LE1 5LX)
Central zone surface level
- Phoenix Square* (Burton Street, LE1 1TE)
- Upper Brown Street* (LE1 5TE)
- Dover Street* (LE1 6PW)
- Mansfield Street (LE1 3DL)
- Lee Circle NCP short stay (for overheight vehicles) (Lee Street, LE1 3RE)
Outer zone surface level
- St Margaret’s Pastures* (St Margaret’s Way, LE1 3EA)
- Abbey Park Road* (LE4 5AF)
- Granville Road* (Granville Road, LE1 7RU)
- Victoria Park* (Granville Road, LE1 7RW)
- Granby Halls NCP (Welford Road, LE2 6BE)
- Clyde Street (LE1 2BG)
- Great Central Street (LE1 4SE)
- Almond Road (LE2 7LH)
- St Augustine Road (LE3 5LU)
Please see the below documents for locations and charge
Free parking for motorcycles is available in the following locations:
- Abbey Street, LE1 3TE (on street)
- Newarke Street, LE1 5TS (within multi-storey car park, ground level)
- Bowling Green Street, LE1 6AS (on street)
- Millstone Lane, LE1 5LS (on street)
- Granville Road, LE1 7RU (surface level car park)
- Victoria Park, LE1 7RW (surface level car park)
Motorcycle parking at other locations will be charged at standard or a reduced rates. Please check upon arrival.
Parking at railway stations in Leicester & Leicestershire
East Midlands Trains manages pay & display car parks at Leicester, Loughborough, Hinckley, Market Harborough, Melton Mowbray and Syston. Find out prices for daily, weekly, monthly and annual car parking tickets, as well as off-peak, evenings and weekends.
For parking at Narborough Station, Limited free parking is available at Bottesford and Sileby stations. There are no car parks at Barrow-upon-Soar and South Wigston stations.
Parking in Leicestershire towns and villages
Ashby, Coalville and Castle Donington areas
Hinckley and Market Bosworth areas
Loughborough and Charnwood villages
Market Harborough and Lutterworth areas
Melton Mowbray area
Oadby, Wigston and South Wigston
Methodical footsteps on a pavement and a profound sense of progress. Walking as an activity really lends itself to music, and so for #WalkLeicesterFest we are trying to build the Ultimate Playlist of walking songs on Spotify! Put your best walking songs in the comments👇🎶
This week we are supporting Mental Health Awareness Week, for more info visit crowd.in/P1jaDz Research shows the positive link that being physically active can have on your mental health, can you travel actively to/from school to build active minutes into your day?
If you're thinking of going for a walk this Saturday, that's about 50% of the battle. Now for the other 50%! Lace up your shoes and have a look at choosehowyoumove.co.uk/walkleicester/ - check out some of our guided walks available to you this Saturday🚶 #WalkLeicesterFest
💡Did you know that short walks every day have the potential to increase productivity by up to 30%? #FunFactFriday On your next short #walk, you can earn FREE points and prizes with the @Betterpoints app and DOUBLE points in May! 🚶♀️🚶♂️ More information: bit.ly/33tgWG8
Walking noun “to move along by putting one foot in front of the other, allowing each foot to touch the ground before lifting the next” - Cambridge English Dictionary Sounds great, but we know walking means much more! What does it mean to you? Let us know👇 #WalkLeicesterFest