The course is designed around you and your individual requirements and experience – your instructors will spend some time establishing this and ensuring what we do is relevant and useful to you. This may mean the instructors split the larger group into a number of smaller ones.
As a rough guide the course will follow the following format:
- Introductions, meet the team, course housekeeping, pre course admin
- General rider research – what do you want to achieve?
- Introduction to electric bikes
- Bike fitting, helmets, clothing
- General e-bike riding – off road and traffic free
- General e-bike skills and competencies – off road and traffic free
- Team engagement -personalised travel advice from our experienced team-learn about local cycle routes, commuter tips, maintenance hints ,general riding advice etc
- Road riding (if required) the team will take you out on quiet roads close to the training venue, to build confidence and road skills in a controlled environment. If you wish to remain off road and continue practicing that’s fine too.
Please note that as this training is only available at County Hall, we recognise that some people may struggle with travel arrangements, therefore there is a question on the registration form asking if you require assistance with transport, if you may require assistance please answer yes to this question when booking and we will be in touch with details of what we can offer to help you travel to County Hall.