Ride Leicester’s Open Streets is back again with traffic-free streets and public spaces ‘open for people’
Join us on the day for the following event and activities:
- DMU Art Gallery – Join DMU for a string, wool, webs session at the KRIII statue!
- KRIII Visitor Centre – Discover the incredible story of the king under the car park at the award-winning King Richard III Visitor Centre in Leicester.
- Guided Walk – Sculpture in the City Stroll. Stroll through Leicester city centre taking in some of the city’s street sculptures. We pass some established (often overlooked) sculptures in the city as well as some of the attractive and engaging new temporary sculptures on display.
- Danny Butler Mountain Bike Show – The Extreme Mountain Bike Show is the UK & Europe’s number one Mountain Bike, Trials/BMX demonstration Team lead by the Multiple British and European Mountain Bike Trials Champion Danny Butler.
- Dine in the Square – 54 additional tables for customers to enjoy the best of Leicester’s dining scene.
- Bike Park – Free bicycle parking through the event.
- Dr. Bike – free bike checks from Soar Valley Cycles.
- Led Ride – join the Ride Leicester ride leaders for a led ride to see some of Leicesters landmarks.
- British Cycling – HSBC UK Go–Ride is British Cycling’s development programme for young people. The programme provides a fun and safe way to introduce young riders to the world of cycling.
- Focus – join in with arts and craft activities on Town Hall Square
- Cyclone Works – jump on their static bikes and make yourself a smoothie or race your friends and family on their spin race challenge
- Sambando – Sambando is Leicester’s community samba band and if you haven’t yet come across this high energy acoustic dance music, we can help you discover exactly how potent samba is in its raw form
- Leicester Wheels For All – try their fleet of special bikes that allow disabled people to experience the fun of cycling with support from their trained Leaders and volunteers.
Open Streets will take place on the last Sunday of every month from June – October.
If you would like to speak to the team about Open Streets, they can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to book
No booking required.