Led Walks for Community Groups
Free short walks, led by trained volunteers
We provide free short group walks in Leicester to promote an active lifestyle and to encourage people to familiarise with a variety of local walking routes in the city. On our Events page we list a programme of group walks which are open to the general public.
In addition to our public programme, we can provide short group walks exclusively for community groups of 8 or more adults.
About our walks:
- A ‘taster’ walk is available for community groups in Leicester, customised to the needs of your group
- Short walk of between 30 – 90 minutes, led by friendly walk leaders
- At a time and location that suits you (such as a regular meeting place)
- If you enjoy the taster, we can lead a weekly walk for a further 4 weeks, to encourage regular walking
- Varied local routes, including city streets and green spaces
- To keep your group walking beyond this programme, we can provide a mini training session (optional) with tips on leading a group walk to help you can continue as a self-led group.
If you would like a taster walk for your community group please contact us for an informal chat:
phone: 0116 373 7589 (office hours, Monday – Friday, excludes bank holidays)
Other ways to encourage walking
Why not consider applying for a Community Walking Grant of up to £300? This could be used to buy group equipment or to host an event to encourage walking. Or you may have other ideas! Community Walking Grants are available until December 2023 and you can find out more below: