There are lots of benefits to guided walks, other than the obvious one of not getting lost! Even if you are a great map reader, you can’t guarantee that the route you have picked is a good one. By joining a guided walk you can rest assured that the route has been chosen well and with the route planning out of your hands, you can relax and enjoy the views. Use walks as opportunities to make new friends, take a look at the guided walk providers below to get started.
Guided Walks providers
Or visit one the websites below to join one of the many guided walks offered in locations in and around Leicester and Leicestershire.
- Ashby Canal Trust promotes restoring the canal from Snarestone to Moira, through an annual festival and guided walks.
- Colin Crosby Heritage Tours are led by Colin Crosby, a qualified expert tourist guide, who offers a wide ranging programme of guided walks in many locations around Leicester, Leicestershire and further afield
- Friends of Grace Dieu Priory, Thringstone conserve the historic ruins and welcomes visitors with regular guided walks
- Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre offers guided walks at weekends and holiday times
- Leicestershire Country Parks organise a range of family-friendly events, nature activities and guided walks. See their Facebook page for up-coming events
- Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust runs a range of guided wildlife walks at their 35 nature reserves.
If we have missed your guided walking group or you have set up a new club, then we would love to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our list.
It’s time to get out there and get active! 🏃♀️🚴♂️🚶♀️With the free #BetterPoints app you can earn points through physical activities and those points can be used to claim rewards. Find out here crowd.in/H8dq7l #getoutgetactive #activeleicestershire
Do you enjoy walking or cycling? 🚴♂️🚶♀️ Did you know you could nominate a street to be widened to make more room for these activities? Visit crowd.in/BwQD03 to find out how #widenmypath #activeleicestershire
It doesn't matter how far or fast you go, running is a great way to relieve stress, improve your physical and mental health, get fresh air and enjoy nature #EnjoyOutdoors
We all know exercise is great for your mental and physical wellbeing! 🧘🏋️♂️ but did you know you with the free BetterPoints app you can turn activities into rewards? Find out more at crowd.in/ED5LdB #Betterpoints #activeleicestershire
The weekend is going to be scorchio!! If you are out for cycle or a walk - don't forget that sunscreen folks 🌞🌞🌞 If you need some extra inspiration, plenty of local walking and cycling maps are available on our website: choosehowyoumove.co.uk