There are lots of benefits to guided walks, other than the obvious one of not getting lost! Even if you are a great map reader, you can’t guarantee that the route you have picked is a good one. By joining a guided walk you can rest assured that the route has been chosen well and with the route planning out of your hands, you can relax and enjoy the views. Use walks as opportunities to make new friends, take a look at the guided walk providers below to get started.
Guided Walks providers
Or visit one the websites below to join one of the many guided walks offered in locations in and around Leicester and Leicestershire.
- Ashby Canal Trust promotes restoring the canal from Snarestone to Moira, through an annual festival and guided walks.
- Colin Crosby Heritage Tours are led by Colin Crosby, a qualified expert tourist guide, who offers a wide ranging programme of guided walks in many locations around Leicester, Leicestershire and further afield
- Friends of Grace Dieu Priory, Thringstone conserve the historic ruins and welcomes visitors with regular guided walks
- Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre offers guided walks at weekends and holiday times
- Leicestershire Country Parks organise a range of family-friendly events, nature activities and guided walks. See their Facebook page for up-coming events
- Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust runs a range of guided wildlife walks at their 35 nature reserves.
Walk Together is a physical activity initiative offering free, beginner friendly, guided group walks within Leicestershire & Rutland. Walk Together is developed and delivered in partnership between Leicestershire Local Authorities, Rutland County Council and Leicester-shire & Rutland Sport (soon to be Active Together)
If we have missed your guided walking group or you have set up a new club, then we would love to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our list.
Phew what a scorcher ! Nice day though for some ebike training at @LeicsCountyHall . Our @CHYMLeics team are setting up , another twenty County residents on way to see how “wow” these bikes are ! Interested in a course ? Details here …. choosehowyoumove.co.uk/cycling/ebike/
🚲We're now at the Leicester Bike Park, Thank you to everyone taking part 🎉🎉🎉#C2WDLeicester Take a look at the prize giveaway on offer for taking part today by visiting choosehowyoumove.co.uk/cycletoworkday/
🚲Today is #CycletoWorkDay 🚲We've been at the LRI carrying out bike fix and marking. Thank you to everyone who attended 🎉🎉🎉#C2WDLeicester Take a look at the prize giveaway on offer for taking part today by visiting choosehowyoumove.co.uk/cycletoworkday/
✨Don't forget it is Cycle to Work Day next week, Thursday 4 August. Use the hashtag #C2WDLeicester and share your Cycle to Work Day route or picture to be in with a chance of winning a prize giveaway ✨For more information visit: choosehowyoumove.co.uk/cycletoworkday/
Today is the last day for registering your interest in being a volunteer for the #SchoolStreets trial! ⏳ Don’t miss out! Get involved in reducing congestion and air pollution at school gates. crowd.in/bUSqir @ActiveLLR @LeicsCountyHall