There are lots of benefits to guided walks, other than the obvious one of not getting lost! Even if you are a great map reader, you can’t guarantee that the route you have picked is a good one. By joining a guided walk you can rest assured that the route has been chosen well and with the route planning out of your hands, you can relax and enjoy the views. Use walks as opportunities to make new friends, take a look at the guided walk providers below to get started.
Guided Walks providers
Or visit one the websites below to join one of the many guided walks offered in locations in and around Leicester and Leicestershire.
- Ashby Canal Trust promotes restoring the canal from Snarestone to Moira, through an annual festival and guided walks.
- Colin Crosby Heritage Tours are led by Colin Crosby, a qualified expert tourist guide, who offers a wide ranging programme of guided walks in many locations around Leicester, Leicestershire and further afield
- Friends of Grace Dieu Priory, Thringstone conserve the historic ruins and welcomes visitors with regular guided walks
- Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre offers guided walks at weekends and holiday times
- Leicestershire Country Parks organise a range of family-friendly events, nature activities and guided walks. See their Facebook page for up-coming events
- Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust runs a range of guided wildlife walks at their 35 nature reserves.
If we have missed your guided walking group or you have set up a new club, then we would love to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com and we will add you to our list.
☀️ If you're out #walking or #cycling in the sunshine today, don't forget to pick up some FREE points and prizes with the @BetterPoints app for some added #MondayMotivation 🚶♂️🚶♀️🚲 For more information: ow.ly/rY9N50DIOlm
Have you heard about our #Wheels2Work scheme? 🚴♀️🚴♂️ Just like Muhammed and Karl here, you could hire an #ebike for just £45 per month, to help you get to work. You can also opt into the Loan to Own option. Find out more on our website: choosehowyoumove.co.uk/cycling/wheels…
If you're heading out for a #walk or #cycle today, why not win some prizes and points along the way by downloading the @Betterpoints app 📱#WalkWednesday🚶♀️🚶♂️🚲🌳 For more information: ow.ly/rY9N50DIOlmMob…