There are lots of benefits to guided walks, other than the obvious one of not getting lost! Even if you are a great map reader, you can’t guarantee that the route you have picked is a good one. By joining a guided walk you can rest assured that the route has been chosen well and with the route planning out of your hands, you can relax and enjoy the views. Use walks as opportunities to make new friends, take a look at the guided walk providers below to get started.
Guided Walks providers
Or visit one the websites below to join one of the many guided walks offered in locations in and around Leicester and Leicestershire.
- Ashby Canal Trust promotes restoring the canal from Snarestone to Moira, through an annual festival and guided walks.
- Colin Crosby Heritage Tours are led by Colin Crosby, a qualified expert tourist guide, who offers a wide ranging programme of guided walks in many locations around Leicester, Leicestershire and further afield
- Friends of Grace Dieu Priory, Thringstone conserve the historic ruins and welcomes visitors with regular guided walks
- Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre offers guided walks at weekends and holiday times
- Leicestershire Country Parks organise a range of family-friendly events, nature activities and guided walks. See their Facebook page for up-coming events
- Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust runs a range of guided wildlife walks at their 35 nature reserves.
If we have missed your guided walking group or you have set up a new club, then we would love to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our list.
Well done to all of our #Leicestershire schools that have completed their #Bikeability training this year 🚲 Whilst we are sad that we didn't get to celebrate this year, we look forward to next year. Bring on Schools Ride 2021! 🥳🎉
As the Schools' Ride is a celebration, it is only fitting that we hand out certificates for taking part! 🏆🏅 This year, we would like to congratulate all #Leicester and #Leicestershire schools who completed their Level 2 @BikeabilityUK training! 👏
At the Schools' Ride, we are never short of entertainment😀 In recent years we have had comedy from @ComedyClub4Kids, appearances by Strider from @livingstreets, and the crew from Extreme Mountain Bike Show @dannybutler1986 🚴♂️ And look at all those bikes! 🚲🚲 #SchoolsRide2020
🚲In recent years, Filbert Fox 🦊 has led our Schools' Ride from Bede Park to @LeicsCathedral. Our friends at @ATCLeicester are always on hand to help us to safely navigate through the city centre! Look at the glorious sunshine we have had in previous years!☀️ #SchoolsRide2020
All of our school groups usually gather in #Leicester's Bede Park, where we are often joined by @CentralLeicsNPA who help us cycle through the city safely 👮🚲 Our friend, @LCFC Filbert Fox 🦊is also there to greet us! #SchoolsRide2020