There are lots of benefits to guided walks, other than the obvious one of not getting lost! Even if you are a great map reader, you can’t guarantee that the route you have picked is a good one. By joining a guided walk you can rest assured that the route has been chosen well and with the route planning out of your hands, you can relax and enjoy the views. Use walks as opportunities to make new friends, take a look at the guided walk providers below to get started.
Guided Walks providers
Or visit one the websites below to join one of the many guided walks offered in locations in and around Leicester and Leicestershire.
- Ashby Canal Trust promotes restoring the canal from Snarestone to Moira, through an annual festival and guided walks.
- Colin Crosby Heritage Tours are led by Colin Crosby, a qualified expert tourist guide, who offers a wide ranging programme of guided walks in many locations around Leicester, Leicestershire and further afield
- Friends of Grace Dieu Priory, Thringstone conserve the historic ruins and welcomes visitors with regular guided walks
- Bosworth Battlefield Heritage Centre offers guided walks at weekends and holiday times
- Leicestershire Country Parks organise a range of family-friendly events, nature activities and guided walks. See their Facebook page for up-coming events
- Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust runs a range of guided wildlife walks at their 35 nature reserves.
Walk Together is a physical activity initiative offering free, beginner friendly, guided group walks within Leicestershire & Rutland. Walk Together is developed and delivered in partnership between Leicestershire Local Authorities, Rutland County Council and Leicester-shire & Rutland Sport (soon to be Active Together)
If we have missed your guided walking group or you have set up a new club, then we would love to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add you to our list.
Thank you to all those who took part in Walk to School Week! 👣🚲🛴 Remember to keep going and continue to inspire others! If you would like to launch a park and stride scheme with your local school, please contact email@example.com #CHYM #WOW
✨Come and join the Canal & River Trust this Friday, 20 May 12-1pm to see the growing street art trail on the canal towpath throughout the city. Learn about street art culture and the artists behind the piece. Book your free place at bit.ly/cnlrtwlk✨
There are many benefits of walking to school, these include improvements in mood and behaviour in children. Plus, it’s is an easy way of increasing your child's activity 🚲🛴🚶♀️🚶♂️ Find out more here 👉 crowd.in/v9GWrF #CHYM #WOW
✨Come and join the @CanalRiverTrust this Friday, 20 May 12-1pm to see the growing street art trail on the canal towpath throughout the city. Learn about street art culture and the artists behind the piece. Book your free place at choosehowyoumove.co.uk/walkleicester/…✨