Leicester’s Park and Ride service will cease operation from 7pm on Friday 27 March until further notice, in response to the current coronavirus restrictions.
Bus fares and tickets
Bus fares and tickets
Get information about the different type of saver tickets available so you can always get the best value for money.
The Leicester Flexi Ticket
- The Leicester Flexi Day Ticket costs £5.20 (£4.20 for children) and offers the flexibility of unlimited travel on any Arriva, Centrebus, First, Hinckleybus, Kinchbus and Stagecoach bus services (excluding Park & Ride services) within the Flexi Ticket Area.
- The Flexi Day Ticket is valid all day on the date of purchase.
- The Leicester Flexi Weekly Ticket costs £20, and offers the flexibility of unlimited travel on any Arriva, Centrebus, First, Hinckleybus, Kinchbus and Stagecoach bus services (excluding Park & Ride services) within the Flexi Ticket Area.
- The Flexi Weekly Ticket is valid for 7 days from the date of purchase.
Leicester Flexi Weekly bus tickets are now available on the OneCard, a smart card that can also be used for the Town Hall Bike Park.
Register for your free OneCard. When you receive your card you will need to top up the card in order to travel.
Topping up is available on participating buses and you can buy multiple weekly top-ups for future use. We are also planning to introduce topping up at Payzone outlets.
To use your card, touch and hold it onto the card reader on the ticket machine. After a brief moment the reader will recognise and approve it.
Other multi-journey saver tickets
All commercial bus operators in Leicester & Leicestershire offer a range of multi-journey saver tickets. Please ask the bus driver or search online for the relevant operator’s website for full details.
Saver tickets are also available to buy from the driver on the following Council-subsidised local bus services:
- Leicester Park & Ride (Birstall, Enderby, Meynell’s Gorse)
- PLUSBUS is a cheap bus pass that you buy with your train ticket at any National Rail station ticket office or online. It gives you unlimited bus and tram travel (on participating operators services) to and from the rail station and around the whole urban area of the rail served town.
- Buy one for the start of your journey and/or for the end of it.
❗️There is now a Friday slot for FREE bike checks! Head down to the Asda car park on Abbey Lane and say hi to @soarvalleycycle who will check over your bike while you shop for those essentials! Head down tomorrow between 4-8pm 👇🚴♀️#Coronavirus #EssentialWorkers
❗️Essential workers, we are here to help! 🚲 If you could benefit from having a bike for your commute at this difficult time, please get in touch. We have a number of free bike loans available. Please share this across your workplace. Contact us via email, details below! 👇
❗️If you are a key worker and you are commuting by bike, we are offering FREE BIKE CHECKS over the next four weeks, courtesy of six local bike shops 🔧⛓ - Help us spread the word far and wide, share this post with key workers that you know!🚲 #COVID19 #KeyWorkers
Stuck for ideas for things to do in the house? Create a rainbow and put it in your window 🌈 See how many rainbows you can find on your next walk in your local area. Remember to only go out with others from your household and keep 2 metres apart! #RainbowWindow #SocialDistancing twitter.com/BTSLeicester/s…