P&R services at Enderby and Meynell's Gorse will resume from 1st June 2020. A range of measures will be in place to enable sites to reopen safely. Birstall remains closed until further notice.
Bus fares and tickets
Bus fares and tickets
Get information about the different type of saver tickets available so you can always get the best value for money.
The Leicester Flexi Ticket
- The Leicester Flexi Day Ticket costs £5.20 (£4.20 for children) and offers the flexibility of unlimited travel on any Arriva, Centrebus, First, Hinckleybus, Kinchbus and Stagecoach bus services (excluding Park & Ride services) within the Flexi Ticket Area.
- The Flexi Day Ticket is valid all day on the date of purchase.
- The Leicester Flexi Weekly Ticket costs £20, and offers the flexibility of unlimited travel on any Arriva, Centrebus, First, Hinckleybus, Kinchbus and Stagecoach bus services (excluding Park & Ride services) within the Flexi Ticket Area.
- The Flexi Weekly Ticket is valid for 7 days from the date of purchase.
Leicester Flexi Weekly bus tickets are now available on the OneCard, a smart card that can also be used for the Town Hall Bike Park.
Register for your free OneCard. When you receive your card you will need to top up the card in order to travel.
Topping up is available on participating buses and you can buy multiple weekly top-ups for future use. We are also planning to introduce topping up at Payzone outlets.
To use your card, touch and hold it onto the card reader on the ticket machine. After a brief moment the reader will recognise and approve it.
Other multi-journey saver tickets
All commercial bus operators in Leicester & Leicestershire offer a range of multi-journey saver tickets. Please ask the bus driver or search online for the relevant operator’s website for full details.
Saver tickets are also available to buy from the driver on the following Council-subsidised local bus services:
- Leicester Park & Ride (Birstall, Enderby, Meynell’s Gorse)
- PLUSBUS is a cheap bus pass that you buy with your train ticket at any National Rail station ticket office or online. It gives you unlimited bus and tram travel (on participating operators services) to and from the rail station and around the whole urban area of the rail served town.
- Buy one for the start of your journey and/or for the end of it.
Well done to all of our #Leicestershire schools that have completed their #Bikeability training this year 🚲 Whilst we are sad that we didn't get to celebrate this year, we look forward to next year. Bring on Schools Ride 2021! 🥳🎉
As the Schools' Ride is a celebration, it is only fitting that we hand out certificates for taking part! 🏆🏅 This year, we would like to congratulate all #Leicester and #Leicestershire schools who completed their Level 2 @BikeabilityUK training! 👏
At the Schools' Ride, we are never short of entertainment😀 In recent years we have had comedy from @ComedyClub4Kids, appearances by Strider from @livingstreets, and the crew from Extreme Mountain Bike Show @dannybutler1986 🚴♂️ And look at all those bikes! 🚲🚲 #SchoolsRide2020
🚲In recent years, Filbert Fox 🦊 has led our Schools' Ride from Bede Park to @LeicsCathedral. Our friends at @ATCLeicester are always on hand to help us to safely navigate through the city centre! Look at the glorious sunshine we have had in previous years!☀️ #SchoolsRide2020
All of our school groups usually gather in #Leicester's Bede Park, where we are often joined by @CentralLeicsNPA who help us cycle through the city safely 👮🚲 Our friend, @LCFC Filbert Fox 🦊is also there to greet us! #SchoolsRide2020