Explore The Soar
Take a stroll with Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust along the banks of the River Soar, part of their Soar and Wreake Living Landscape. Living Landscapes restore, recreate and reconnect habitats to create an environment full of wildlife and rich in opportunities for learning, health and well-being. On the walk you will be looking at the habitats and species that live in, and alongside this urban stretch of river and finding out more about the importance of our wetland habitats for wildlife and nature conservation. After your walk, if you are feeling adventurous, there are many more wild places to explore in and around Leicester – why not head over to www.lrwt.org.uk to find out about their amazing nature reserves and their wider conservation and education work across the counties of Leicestershire and Rutland. You can also find details about becoming a supporter of the Trust and opportunities to get involved in volunteer activities.
Go on this walk using the Go Jauntly app.
Alternatively, download the PDF map for offline walking Explore the Soar Walk (PDF, 960 KB).
This walk is also available as a guided audio route below. Listen along as you take the walk, and get lost in the wildlife of the River Soar.
– Be aware that surfaces may be uneven, please keep aware of the terrain below your feet
– Surfaces may change due to weather so make sure to bring along appropriate footwear and anything further you may need to enjoy your walk
– Be aware of surrounding traffic
– Remember to observe the guidance on social distancing
– Pavements and paths are used and enjoyed in different ways, please be considerate to other users