Canal Art Trail
Stroll along the Grand Union Canal whilst stopping and spending time to view art murals stretched along the waterway. As part of the Local Growth Fund, art murals have been welcomed along Leicester’s waterways, taking inspiration from wildlife and Leicester, brightening up the canal for all to enjoy.
Check out the new Canal Art Trail map, which provides an illustrated map of the murals to help you locate them along the canal.
There is also a self-guided route available as a PDF and on the app Go Jauntly. The route starts from the Charter Street Bridge and leads you along the canal and takes a detour through Abbey Park, Leicester’s premier park which lies approximately one mile north of the city centre. Enjoy the park’s evergreen shrubberies, trees and boating lake. This trail has been brought to you with the help of GraffWerk, the Leicester based street art agency aiming to redefine the visual landscape of the city through the use of street art, and the Canal & River Trust.
Follow our self-guided walk using the Go Jauntly app.
Alternatively, download the PDF map for offline walking Canal Art Walk (PDF, 6 MB).
– Be aware that surfaces may be uneven, please keep aware of the terrain below your feet
– Surfaces may change due to weather so make sure to bring along appropriate footwear and anything further you may need to enjoy your walk
– Be aware of surrounding traffic
– Remember to observe the guidance on social distancing
– Pavements and paths are used and enjoyed in different ways, please be considerate to other users