In England, over two million adults cycle at least once a week – isn’t it time you joined the growing number? Book your place on one of our adult cycling courses today!
Our friendly instructors will teach you road safety skills and help increase your confidence on two wheels. Courses are open to anyone over 16, regardless of skill level. Get confident, stay in shape, save money and help the environment.
Course details and bookings
I am a Leicester City resident:
I am a Leicestershire County resident:
- Courses cost £50 per person and are delivered over 5 weeks (one 2-hour session per week).
- We encourage you to bring your own bike and helmet, but don’t worry if you don’t have either – we have a limited number available to borrow. We’ll also provide you with a high-vis jacket.
- Courses will be arranged subject to a minimum of 10 participants to cover our costs – there is no set programme this year.
- We’ll contact you to arrange suitable dates and a venue once you’ve registered your interest.
Current course availability in the county
- Glenfield, County Hall, LE3 8RA – Saturdays 10am-12noon, starting 10th September
- Oadby (subject to minimum numbers. Venue and dates TBC) – register your interest!
- Loughborough (subject to minimum numbers. Venue and dates TBC) – register your interest!
- Hinckley (subject to minimum numbers. Venue and dates TBC) – register your interest!
Cycle courses for under 16s
Free cycle training is available in many Leicester & Leicestershire schools through the Bikeability programme. Children can also develop their skills from complete beginners, through to advanced level with British Cycling’s Go-Ride programme.
- Visit our Everyday Cycling page and scroll down to ‘Cycling courses’ for more information.