In England, over two million adults cycle at least once a week – isn’t it time you joined the growing number? Book your place on one of our adult cycling courses today!
Our friendly instructors will teach you road safety skills and help increase your confidence on two wheels. Courses are open to anyone over 16, regardless of skill level. Get confident, stay in shape, save money and help the environment.
Course details and bookings
I am a Leicester City resident:
I am a Leicestershire County resident:
- Courses cost £50 per person* and take place over one day. Training starts at 0845hrs and finishes at 1600hrs with plenty of time for breaks and lunch.
- You will receive instruction from friendly qualified National Standards Cycling Instructors who will offer support and expertise to help you develop the skills necessary to learn to ride or build on your current abilities. Great emphasis will be placed on finding out what aspect of cycling you wish to learn or improve upon, and the training will be tailored to your needs
- Your Instructor will be enthusiastic and encouraging, making the sessions enjoyable, practical and outcome based. The sessions will be structured with the National Standard outcome based framework in mind and we aim to get beginners riding during the first session
- Further sessions during the day will concentrate on building confidence and developing skills as well as progressing (if appropriate) to riding on quiet urban roads and off road cycle paths
- We encourage you to bring your own bike (if you have one) and helmet, but don’t worry if you don’t have either-we have a limited number available to borrow . There is no extra charge for this
- Department of Transport funding is available to certain County residents and depending on your home address you may qualify for a discounted rate of £25. If you live in the area highlighted by this map-https://www.leicester.gov.uk/media/183487/funding-area-access-bid-map.pdf please contact us for further information
- Current course availability in the County:
- Glenfield, County Hall, LE3 8RA – Saturday 7 October 2017( 0845-1600)-this course is filling up fast so please contact us if you are interested
- Glenfield,County Hall.LE3 8RA-Saturday 10 March 2018 (0845-1600)-there is currently good availability on this course
Cycle courses for under 16s
Free cycle training is available in many Leicester & Leicestershire schools through the Bikeability programme. Children can also develop their skills from complete beginners, through to advanced level with British Cycling's Go-Ride programme.
- Visit our Everyday Cycling page and scroll down to 'Cycling courses' for more information.