Grants for Active Travel
Grants for Active Travel
Organisations within Leicestershire are invited to submit a bid for up to £5000 in matched funding* to support active and sustainable travel initiatives.
How can my business and employees benefit?
Support employees to access their place of work in line with Government Covid Guidance and reduce pressure on the public transport system and road network:
- Financial savings for your organisation (e.g. reduced vehicle mileage expenses)
- Unlock new travel options for your staff/visitors – more get to work on time / with less hassle
- A healthier, more productive workforce, resulting in fewer sick days
- Reduces congestion in your car park/on nearby street
- Helps meet your corporate social responsibility and supports carbon management strategies
Our Grants for smarter Travel can help to normalise, facilitate and support active and sustainable travel for employees.
What can grant funding be used towards?
- Cycle / motorcycle / scooter parking stands and shelters
- Showers / lockers / drying / changing facilities for cyclists, motorcyclists, walkers, runners
- Pool bikes (pedal or electric) and accessories (e.g. helmets / lights)
- Cycle maintenance equipment (e.g. pump/tool station)
- Teleconferencing / mobile ICT solutions (e.g. remote access / tablets / laptops). This list is not definitive. Please discuss any other ideas with us prior to submitting your application.
Bids of up to £5000 are invited from any organisation based in Leicestershire, City organisations can apply to the Leicester City Council Walking and Cycling team.
Applications can be made on behalf of:
- Any business or organisation, including charities, not for profit and public sector agencies, based or operating in Leicestershire
- A specific workplace or section within such businesses or other organisation
- Commercial or public service premises (not private residence) currently attracting visitors or customers by car.
Applicants should be committed to promoting active and sustainable travel choices to their staff and will be required to submit monitoring information in relation to their project, before and after implementation. Please contact the Choose how you Move Team if you require more information on how this can be provided.
How to apply
Funding is currently closed and will restart in the new financial year, new funding dates will be announced soon, please check back or email chooseHowYouMove@leics.gov.uk for more information
*match funding-please contact us to discuss
Thank you to @DrNeilHumpage for travelling sustainably to the Watermead Park Run this morning! Here’s your free goodie bag! 🏃♂️ 🚲
Pre-driver Days are back for 2022! 9th August 2022 15th August 2022 17th October 2022 18th October 2022 @ Mallory Park Book through Eventbrite: eventbrite.co.uk/e/pre-driver-d… For further information please visit: tjunction.org.uk
For the next few hours are down at Glenfield Hospital with @SustransEMids 🚴♀️ and @leicspolice🚓. Come down and say hello and get a FREE bike checkup and a FREE bike marking. We Look forward to seeing you!🚲🚨
Remember, the best way to plan journeys by cycle, bike-share, walking and bus within Leicester and Leicestershire is the Choose How You Move Journey Planner. Try it out at choosehowyoumove.co.uk/journeyplanner, or search "Choose How You Move" in your app store!
Don't forget to send a photograph of yourself holding one of the pledge cards available at cleanairday.org.uk Then post it on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #CleanAirDay tag @CHYM to be entered into a prize draw to win a goody bag 🚶♀️🚶🚴♀️🚴♂️