Grants for Active Travel
Grants for Active Travel
Organisations within Leicestershire are invited to submit a bid for up to £5000 in matched funding* to support active and sustainable travel initiatives.
How can my business and employees benefit?
Support employees to access their place of work in line with Government Covid Guidance and reduce pressure on the public transport system and road network:
- Financial savings for your organisation (e.g. reduced vehicle mileage expenses)
- Unlock new travel options for your staff/visitors – more get to work on time / with less hassle
- A healthier, more productive workforce, resulting in fewer sick days
- Reduces congestion in your car park/on nearby street
- Helps meet your corporate social responsibility and supports carbon management strategies
Our Grants for smarter Travel can help to normalise, facilitate and support active and sustainable travel for employees.
What can grant funding be used towards?
- Cycle / motorcycle / scooter parking stands and shelters
- Showers / lockers / drying / changing facilities for cyclists, motorcyclists, walkers, runners
- Pool bikes (pedal or electric) and accessories (e.g. helmets / lights)
- Cycle maintenance equipment (e.g. pump/tool station)
- Teleconferencing / mobile ICT solutions (e.g. remote access / tablets / laptops). This list is not definitive. Please discuss any other ideas with us prior to submitting your application.
Bids of up to £5000 are invited from any organisation based in Leicestershire, City organisations can apply to the Leicester City Council Walking and Cycling team.
Applications can be made on behalf of:
- Any business or organisation, including charities, not for profit and public sector agencies, based or operating in Leicestershire
- A specific workplace or section within such businesses or other organisation
- Commercial or public service premises (not private residence) currently attracting visitors or customers by car.
Applicants should be committed to promoting active and sustainable travel choices to their staff and will be required to submit monitoring information in relation to their project, before and after implementation. Please contact the Choose how you Move Team if you require more information on how this can be provided.
How to apply
Current funding window opens on Tuesday 4th January 2022 closes on Monday 28th February 2022, all applications will be considered during these dates.
*match funding-please contact us to discuss
🚲🛴🚶♀️Swapping just one car journey a week to walk to work or do the school run, contributes to improving congestion in your neighbourhood. Make a pledge to make one small change to your travel habits and you could win £250 of shopping vouchers. Visit: choosehowyoumove.co.uk/ptp-east/
🚲🚶♀️🚶♂️Want to get fitter and healthier this New Year? Make a pledge to cycle or walk more, and be in with a chance to win £250 of shopping vouchers. Visit: choosehowyoumove.co.uk/ptp-east/
Hmm wonder if any of them were veterans of the @CHYMLeics @transportgovuk ebike training courses last Summer ? Great to see in any case , Ebikes are an amazing way to replace short car journeys !! twitter.com/Pplspitbull/st…
✨Have you thought about a New Years Resolution? LCC invites you to make a pledge to make one small change to your travel habits – could you walk/cycle once a week instead of driving? Sign up to make your pledge and you could win £250 of vouchers. Visit choosehowyoumove.co.uk/ptp-east/