Clean Air Clive’s Walking tour of Leicester
Join Clean Air Clive for a discovery voyage on foot! See the streets of Leicester through the eyes of a puppet, explore places you may have never seen before, and have fun trying out some activities too.
Clean Air Clive has visited 12 iconic Leicester City locations recently, and liked them so much he wanted to encourage as many children and grown-ups as possible to try and find them.
To help you on your trail, you’ll need to download and print, or view from your tablet or smartphone:
- Clean Air Clive’s tour of Leicester – trail (PDF, 1 MB)
- Clean Air Clive’s tour of Leicester – activity checklist and useful links (PDF, 313 KB)
- Use this map to help you find Clean Air Clive’s selfie spots
Some hints and tips
- You don’t need to visit each location all in one day, take your time and enjoy exploring the city.
- Be safe – always go with an adult, remember your road safety skills (watch this reminder video from Sustrans), don’t use tablets or smartphones to look at the resources when you are crossing roads.
- Prepare to be out and about – wear weather appropriate clothing and footwear, take some food and drinks.
- Be aware of the sun – wear hats and sun protection if it’s a particularly warm day.
- If you need help working out how to get to Clean Air Clive’s selfie spots use the Choose How You Move Journey Planner.
Clean Air Clive’s Cheat Sheet
If you are struggling to find Clean Air Clive’s selfie spots, check Clean Air Clive’s Cheat Sheet.
Bollywood star Rekha Madhubala Sridevi mural, Garfield Street, Belgrave Road
|Can you find another hidden mural on Garfield street?|
Mahatma Ghandi Statue, Belgrave Road
|Keep walking, can you find Cossington Park?|
|3||Abbey Pumping Station, Corporation Road||Pretend to be a bus driver in the play area|
|4||Abbey Park, Abbey Park Road||Spot as many different birds as you can|
|5||National Space Centre, Exploration Drive||Walk like an astronaut on the moon|
|6||Belgrave Hall Museum, Church Road||Can you find a white door?|
|7||Spinney Hill Park, East Park Road||Find the cricket pitch|
|8||Curve Theatre, Rutland Street||Can you find the rat on the wall, on Rutland Street?|
|9||Leicester Museum & Art Gallery, New Walk||Stomp along New Walk like a dinosaur!|
|10||Leicester Cathedral Gardens, Peacock Lane||Gallop around the gardens like King Richard III on horseback|
|11||Leicester Market, Market Place South||Find the strangest fruit or vegetable|
|12||Leicester Castle, Castle View||Find Leicester’s Castle Motte and climb to the top|